The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) on Tuesday stated that it had finally begun an in-house investigation into the alleged misdemeanor of two of its cadets for manhandling and dumping an artisan in the boot of their car.
The duo of Peters Solomon and Abdullahi Fahad, were arrested last Wednesday by the Lagos State Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, at the Ketu area of the state.
Thisday understands that the cadets had manhandled the artisan, Dahiru Lawal, who broke their car windscreen and attempted to flee from the wrath of the personnel.
The Air Force authorities had last week said an in-house investigation would begin as soon as the police releases the duo from their custody.
When contacted, the Command Public Relions Officer, of the Air Force Logistics Command, Squadron Leader Reginald Obi-Obasi, said the police finally released the cadets to the Air Force.
He said: “We are still carrying out our own investigation because they were handed over to us late Thursday last week.”
On the penalty for the cadets, he said, “Everybody is innocent until proven guilty and I don’t want to preempt the judgment of the court martial.”
But the Air Force had in a previous release stated that if found culpable, the cadets could be dismissed from the force through a military judicial process known as a courtmartial.
The statement released by the Air Force Logistics Command and signed by the Air Officer Commanding of the command, Air Vice Marshal Muhammed Muhammed, said the personnel’s conduct were contrary to ethics of the NAF.
The statement read in part, “The leadership of the Nigerian Air Force will like to make it absolutely clear that the service does not condone this kind of behaviour.”
Send news and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org