Polaris bank robbery: Doctor, policeman killed in attack

Robbers on Thursday attacked a branch of Polaris Bank located in the Oke Ejigbo area of Ila Orangun, Osun State.

The robbers reportedly killed a policeman, simply identified as Oloke Mewa, who was one of the security guards working at the bank, and a medical doctor, who was simply identified as Moshood.

Two other people were also injured during the robbery.

A resident of Ila Orangun, who gave his name as Alhaji Animasahun and whose vehicle was parked few metres away from the bank premises when the robbery began, said that the robbers who were armed with dangerous weapons, stormed the bank around 3pm and left after about 30 minutes.

He said the residents of the area ran in different directions as the robbers shot continuously in the air before gaining entrance into the bank premises.

Church disowns woman caught in Anambra shrine

An eyewitness, who preferred anonymity told PUNCH that the robbers shot at one of the security doors in the bank and destroyed it.

The source stated, “I could not count their number, but they were between eight and 10. They might have been more. Before they entered the bank, they shot at the building from a close range and destroyed the security door.

Kifo Muriuki arrested after inserting pepper, salt and onions in wife's private

“They managed to escape through the Ayegun Road, which leads to Ikoro-Ekiti and Okemesi, both in Ekiti State. From where I was hiding, I saw the robbers carting away money in three bags.”

A security source, who volunteered information on the development to our correspondent, said the robbers were still trying to find an escape route out of Osun State as of 6.30pm, adding that policemen were still on their trail.

Man kills 25-year-old wife by throwing venomous cobra at her

“The robbers abandoned one of the vehicles they brought for the operation in a village called Onipanu. We are still on their trail,” the security source said.

When contacted, the spokesperson for the Osun State Police Command, Folasade Odoro, confirmed the incident and promised to provide details as soon as more information was available.