Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane says he is “worried and bothered” about his side’s growing injury list as the La Liga season approaches.

New left-back Ferland Mendy (calf) is the latest player to pick up an injury on a pre-season tour of the USA.

READ THIS
"I take responsibility, if any" - Lionel Messi on why he wanted to leave Barcelona

Mendy joins Brahim Diaz (thigh) and Marco Asensio – who is expected to be out for up to nine months with a torn cruciate ligament – on the sidelines.

“I don’t think about who is going to replace Marco,” Zidane told Marca.

Longrich

“We are devastated with Marco’s injury and we are preparing the players who are here, then we will return to Madrid.”

READ THIS
N'Golo Kante to leave Stamford Bridge

Zidane, who has previously said Welsh forward Gareth Bale was “very close to leaving” the club, made no comment on whether the mounting injury list meant further changes to his personnel for the season.

READ THIS
Bukayo Saka: Arsenal's starlet picks England over Nigeria, says he is grateful

Real continue their tour of the US on Saturday when they face city rivals Atletico Madrid in New Jersey.