Gbadebo Richard, a 300-level student of the Department of European Studies, Faculty of Arts at the University of Ibadan  reportedly died on Tuesday, July 28 in an accident at a soap-making factory where he was on night duty.

Gbadebo reportedly fell into one of the machines at the Oluyole factory of Henkel Nigeria Limited, producers of WAW detergent and soap, but his colleagues where not aware untill they saw blood coming out from one end of the machine.

READ THIS
Gas explosion rocks Golden Estate, one burnt to death

A source said in the publication; “His family members were not informed by the company until an unknown number called them. So they mobilised to the company and blocked the road, about 30 police officers were called in to prevent disturbance.

“An ambulance later came and Richard’s father was allowed into the building. He later went with the body, packed in a plastic bag in the ambulance to the morgue at Teju Hospital without any of the staff of the factory.”

READ THIS
I got N500 for killing my boss, says 19-year-old Sunday pleading for mercy

A broadcast signed by President and Public Relations Officer of the faculty of Arts, University of Ibadan reads; “It’s completely disheartening to announce the death of Mr Gbadebo Richard (300-level student) from the Department of European Studies, Faculty of Arts, University of Ibadan.

“Your fervor to become greater in life was cut short by your sudden death. Team Evolution uses this medium to sympathise with the family of our late Afasite who was active, effective and diligent in studies. We pray that God be with the family and wipe out similar occurrence.”

COMMENTS...