Eden Hazard sends message to Thierry Henry after Monaco sack

Chelsea ace Eden Hazard has sent a message of support to his former Belgium coach Thierry Henry after the Frenchman was suspended by Monaco.

The Ligue 1 side released a brief statement on Thursday saying Henry had been relieved of his duties while a ‘final decision’ was made, though he has effectively been sacked and will shortly be replaced by the man he took over from, Leonardo Jardim.

Monaco were well beaten by Metz in the French Cup on Tuesday and blown away at home to Strasbourg a few days earlier, losing 5-1.

READ ALSO:
Paul Pogba: Real Madrid my dream club, says midfielder

Henry’s arrival was supposed to galvanise the struggling side, but they remain mired in a relegation fight having won just two league games since the former Arsenal star took over in October.

The 41-year-old cut his teeth as assistant to Roberto Martinez with the Belgian national team, and Hazard does not believe his struggles at Monaco are an accurate reflection of his managerial ability.

‘I have no doubts that he will become a great coach in the future,’ Hazard told reporters after helping Chelsea secure a place in the Carabao Cup final. ‘He’s welcome at the Belgium national team. If he wants to return, he knows where to find us.’

READ ALSO:
Juventus join Real Madrid in chase for Kante as Liverpool move for Dybala

A deal for Jardim to return is already believed to be in place and he will have a vastly different squad to pick from, with Henry adding more experienced players in the shape of Cesc Fabregas and Naldo. (Metro)

DISCUSSIONS!