Victor Osimhen’s representative has hit out at the ‘huge lie’ that the Lille forward is keeping Napoli on hold for a Premier League move.
“Osimhen isn’t waiting for calls from English clubs,” Osita Okolo told Radio Kiss Kiss, Napoli’s official radio station. “The thing about the Premier League is a huge lie! It’s his own decision, which concerns his personal and professional life.
“Today (Wednesday) there will be a meeting with his entourage and he’ll soon make his decision known.”
Just last week, Okolo who is Osimhen’s brother-in-law, said in an interview with CalcioNapoli24 that the FIFA U-17 World Cup winner was still mulling the prospect of switching to the Serie A after his whistle-stop visit to Naples, adding the striker was hesitant following his not too pleasant experience while at Wolfsburg.
“Victor told me there was an agreement on everything (with Napoli) but that there was still a couple more things to iron out before the final decision,” Okolo was quoted as saying.
“I think it’s important for him to have a starting place, to grow further, even if there are no guarantees in the world of football.
“At Wolfsburg they promised him several things, then they moved the goalposts. Victor doesn’t want get this decision wrong.
“I think Napoli would be the right place for him to grow, but he has the final say,” he noted.